Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hug a shit-disturber (Apathy sucks!!)

Ok, so my 'rant' for today is on apathy. I hate apathy. I hate it when fully capable people are unable to get up the energy to do something simple to help themselves. As someone who considers themselves on the forefront of helping myself and others, it really just gets my goat. Not everyone needs to be the next great leader. If that's not your bag, that's cool. But take a bloody position and follow it through!! It's not hard, all it takes is the brain power to think about a topic, have an opinion and be willing to voice it.

I also find that the generally apathetic people are also the biggest grumblers. People who tend not to vote, yet bitch and moan about how things are run. People who run into hurdles, yet never do anything about gripe about how those who are in charge 'don't know what they're doing'. Sometimes, the people in charge can't get things done, because the only people who they get feedback from are those people grumbling about their issue.

Lastly, I'm tired of being told that I'm a shit disturber. If I see something that isn't right, I want to try to fix it, if its within my power. And I want to facilitate other people to do the same. At the same time, I don't consider myself the next great advocate of everything. I see something that means something to my sensibilities and work towards it. I don't necessarily have to be having a problem at that point - yet I can foresee an issue in the future. I try to make that change if I can. I also try to hear other people who are passionate about their issue. I may not care about it as much as they do, but by listening, we all benefit. And, if someone wants my opinion on something they get it.

I think we should be thanking the shit-disturbers of the world... They are the only ones who have the will to fight apathy and change things!!

No comments: