Saturday, May 12, 2007

So my first fall on a bike since I was 12!!















So today we went on our group ride. For the first time ever, I decided to join the 50k group (I have only done 30k before). About half way though we stopped at a corner. I unclipped my right foot and prepared to stop. However, a gust of wind caused me lean to the left, and before I know it, I'm on the ground, looking up! So funny. Supposedly, most cyclists have done this when getting used to the clip less pedals. I knew it would eventually happen to me too. As you can see, I scraped one leg and cut the other on my chain ring. Its pretty sore right now, as is my left elbow, which I also stuck out. Oh, my pride too. Nothing more mortifying than a slow motion fall in front of 20 other cyclists. Luckily, my group was only concerned with me being OK, and I was and carried on with the ride. I figured the bulk of my soreness is yet to come. The good news is that I finished my first 50k ride, and I have plenty of antibiotic cream!!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I find that despite the embarrassment in a group like that they are usually supportive. I have had some major spills running (I'm lucky i didn't break anything). I am almost scared to start biking, because I don't know what kind of biker I will be.....